Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software delivers several business benefits that contribute to the ultimate bottom-line:
- Streamlined business processes
- Lower operating cost
- Enhanced employee productivity
But, the challenge nowadays is that with the numerous ERP software available in the market, each with different features and technical platform, how do you determine which ERP best fits your business needs?
So, here is a checklist in the form of 15 questions. Answering them takes you to the right direction while you walk through the daunting process of selecting the right ERP software for your company.
- What challenges of your business are you aiming to solve with an ERP?
- What key issues are you facing with your current software?
- Which modules would you actually use? This way, you don’t have to pay for the modules your business doesn’t need.
- Is the software scalable and flexible to meet the current and future needs of your business?
- How will you quantify the success – in terms of increased productivity, reduced costs, or other factors with your new software?
6. What’s so unique about your industry’s operations that an ERP needs to address
7. Does the ERP software strategically align with your business operations?
8. How much customization will the ERP require?
9. How much training will be required to utilize the benefits of an ERP once it is deployed?
10. Is the GUI of the software user-friendly? This reduces the training time that employees need to learn the software?
11. What implementation options does the vendor offer – on-premise, cloud or both?
12. What is the implementation process and its expected timeframe?
13. What are the different levels of support plans offered by the vendor?
14. What is the availability of support team?
15. What response times can the vendor commit to achieve?
We believe we have provided you the solid foundation you need to determine your ERP system requirements – and ensure that nothing important falls through the cracks. So, check your checklist asap and get the right ERP for you.