Master Production Scheduling (MPS) is a form of production scheduling that focuses on planning on parts or the complete product of the whole production process. Whereas, MRP is a set of techniques that uses and processes data from BOM, Inventory and MPS to calculate the future requirements for materials. The MPS takes into account the forecast, the production plan, and other significant considerations such as backlog, availability of material, availability of capacity, and management policies and goals.
Mentioned below features makes BatchMaster ERP a true Material Requirement Planning software or a production planning software.
- Provide more accurate capacity planning or time required as the production of a higher level item is adjusted
- Use generic products and planning models to forecast and plan capacity at either product family or product level
- User-defined planning buckets allow you to establish up to short, medium and long range planning horizons in days, weeks, months, years or any combination
- Packaging requirements and production job outputs are pegged to each order promise to allow instant visibility of customer specific requirements
- Determine "what-if" scenarios to compare actual demand to existing plans and make adjustments
- Evaluate and compare an unlimited number of alternative schedule versions and identify shortfalls
- Assess the impact of producing products using different specifications, plants or even process lines